Creating Saved Audiences
PLEASE NOTE: The recommended location targeting for most Facebook Ad campaign strategies may no longer match the locations in this lesson. Please review the Green Light Targeting spreadsheet for a current list of best practices.
In this lesson, we are going to build the Saved Audiences which will get your Ad Account off on the exact right foot and generate a massive listener base for you. They will also help you populate your Custom Audiences so that you can begin "retargeting" listeners into deeper stages of the relationship.
It is advised that you closely watch this lesson before attempting to complete this process. However, for a text-based representation of the process, you may follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the final pages of your Worksheet, which should contain all of your interest targeting in groups
2. Navigate to business.facebook.com and, in the top-left menu, hover over "All Tools" and select "Audiences"
3. Click "Create Audience", then select "Saved Audience"
4. Name your Saved Audience after the first Seed Artist in your audience targeting groups, which is displayed with a larger font than other artists
5. Under "Locations", click "Browse", then click "Saved Locations" and select the "Green Light Countries" list we created in the last module - if you have not created this Saved Location list, follow these steps:
- Under "Locations", click "Browse" then click "Saved Locations" and select "Create List"
- Under "Location type", select "Countries"
- Enter the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Japan, France, Netherlands, Belgium
- Click "Match Locations"
- Select "Save this list to use it again" in the bottom right, then click the blue "Add Locations" button
- Under "List Name", enter "Green Light Countries", then click "Save List"
6. Under "Detailed Targeting", enter the artists and bands (including the Seed Artist) in your Audience Group - if a majority of your artists/bands are not targetable, please reference the video lesson
7. When you are finished, click "Create Audience"
8. Repeat steps 3-8 until all of your researched Audience Groups have been created as Saved Audiences
If you have any trouble during this process, please reference the video lesson for help with troubleshooting.